1st Line Support - IT Engineer
Salary: £21,000 per Annum.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week.
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Our Client is a market leader in design, sourcing, distribution, and promotion. Specialising in apparel, footwear, and accessories, our Client nurtures a range of high-profile consumer brands in both the UK & International markets, creating outstanding product ranges with authentic brand identities.
Our Client is looking for an experienced IT Savvy and Technical person to forge a career within a growing company. The 1st Line IT Support Engineer is accountable for providing 1st line support both in person and remotely to our internal customers.
The Key Duties of the 1st Line Support Engineer
· To resolve queries and help requests from the IT Ticketing system in accordance with the SLAs defined by the IT Manager and escalating critical and challenging cases to the 2nd Line Support Engineers when needed.
· Maintain regular communication with peers and colleagues, identifying process and service improvements and working with the IT Manager to implement change.
· Report and provide results of system tests and suggest action options based on your end-user experience.
· Effectively gauge and monitor network and service stability and reduce the number of problematic assets.
· Perform end-user system tests, troubleshooting and perform necessary repairs on client devices, updating firmware, OS, Security to reduce downtime and service interruptions.
· Support the IT Manager with the successful implementation of new software, hardware and ad-hoc project developments.
The Key Skills of the 1st Line Support Engineer
· Microsoft 365 Office (Word, Excel, and Teams), Admin Centre. (e.g. Security and Compliance)
· Microsoft Windows 10 platform - troubleshooting.
· Microsoft Active Directory. (ADDC - fault finding)
· Networking for end-users. (patching)
· Understanding when to escalate advance cases to the 2nd Line IT Team or IT Manager when you have exhausted your knowledgebase. (personal skills and documented shared knowledgebase)
If you are interested in the role and have the required experience, please apply or call Aiden in the Office team, on 01484 351010, option 3 for more information.