Pay: £19 - 22k (dependant on experience)
Hours: Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm
Job Type: Permanent
Do you have Locksmith experience or experience assembling small components? Are you a motivated individual looking to build a long-term career path with a reputable company? If yes, we have the job for you!
Our client, one of the world's leading suppliers of life critical safety products, are recruiting for a Locksmith Assembler. This is a great opportunity for somebody without specific Locksmith experience as our client are willing to train and develop the right person. This opportunity offers a clear progression path, a lifetime career and the benefits of working for such a successful worldwide company.
Overview of the role:
The incumbent of the role will be fulfilling customer orders by selecting the correct products from the stock, and making bespoke products, such as padlocks, to meet the customers' requirement.
The role will involve a variety of duties such as cutting keys for locks, stamping keys with the correct codes maintaining customers' records, accurately backing them up onto the company database.
Packing orders and despatching them correctly via DPD. Maintaining accurate customer and company records.
Checking goods in, restocking shelves, ensuring that products are available to despatch.
- Develop an understanding of how to build a group of locks that are keyed alike, build locks to customers' pre-agreed suites and be able to disassemble and re assemble padlocks to create master suites.
- Ability to use computer systems Microsoft Word, Excel and Sage, although training can be provided.
- Ensure the correct stock items are picked from the sales orders and despatch the items as per the despatch notes using the DPD portal.
- Ensure orders are packaged safely so that they arrive with customers in good condition.
- Maintain accurate customer records and keep them secure on the company computer systems.
- Identify the products sold and have a working knowledge of end user requirements.
- Customer focused and customer driven approach. Be proactive in helping customers and colleagues.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions.
- Good communication skills, English language to a reasonable level (listening, telephone, e-mail and reports).
- Plan, prioritise workload, multitask, use own initiative and maintain a focused approach.
- Ensure deadlines are met by completing tasks in a timely manner; either working alone or as part of a team.
- Provide technical support to the sales team and customers.
If you are interested in this role please apply with your CV. Alternatively please call the office on 01484 351010 (opt 1) and speak with Chyna, Georgia or Kamile.