After School Club Manager
Run in collaboration with a local primary school, we are looking to permanently recruit a manager for a 'Good' Before and After-School Club.
Working on behalf of a Before and After School provision, we would love to hear from experienced, motivated, and enthusiastic managers who continually provide high standards of care and play opportunities for children between the ages of 3- 11 years old.
A person with excellent managerial, communication and organisational skills will thrive in this position. This club is run by a team of dedicated staff, who are committed in providing an enjoyable and safe environment for all children. As a 'home from home', staff supervise study, play and organised activities. The extremely well-embedded key person system helps children to form very secure emotional attachments with staff who skilfully support their play. Staff work in very close partnership with key people at the school to complement children's learning. As a result, the educational programme is extremely well planned by skilled and knowledgeable staff.
As an After School Club Manager you will be someone who:
- Holds a NVQ Level 3 in Child Care/Playwork or equivalent
- Would become the 'Responsible Person' and act as lead contact with Ofsted
- Has a valid Paediatric First Aid/Food Hygiene qualification, or is willing to undertake qualification
- Leads the day to day management and organisation of the Before and After-School Club, including liaising with the Committee, school and parents with regard to the needs of the children who attend the club
- Has relevant supervisory and management experience
- Leads and motivates a team of staff to deliver high quality play opportunities in a safe and caring environment
- Is able to monitor and evaluate the quality of the service, ensuring that all staff work within the club's policies, guidance, safeguarding and procedures
- Will be responsible for administration and record keeping, and is competent in using computer systems, including Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Publisher
- Has a thorough understanding of the EYFS framework, equal opportunities and special educational needs
Our client is looking to employ the right person to join their skilled team on a permanent basis from September 2017. The post-holder will work 7.30 - 9am and 2.45 - 6pm Monday to Friday term time, plus 2 hours' administration time per week. You will work 25.75 hours per week, over 39 weeks plus 4 weeks paid holiday.
At Stafflex Education we offer a family owned, local, friendly and professional service where we put your needs first. We are proud to deliver excellent communication and support specifically tailored to you. As a company who have been in business for over 17 years, we have built up great relationships with our local schools and have worked with many from the very beginning of our journey.
Stafflex Education is an Education Recruitment Agency and Business working in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Stafflex is committed to safeguarding. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including and enhanced DBS check and reference. Stafflex is an equal opportunites employer.
If you have a caring and dynamic approach to childcare and education, and are looking for your new permanent managerial role, then 'apply now' or call Becky for more details on 01484 351010 who will be available to help you every step of the way.