Job Title: HGV Class 2 Driver
Job Type: Full Time (37½ hours per week), 3 MONTH - Temporary to Permanent Contract
Hours: Our contractual hours are Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 17:00, 37½ working hours per week. Flexibility will be paramount for this role which includes early starts and late finishes.
Location: Based out of Huddersfield with travel across the UK & EU with ad hoc international journeys
Reports to: Field Services Standards Manager
Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for an HGV Class 2 Driver who would be interested in training for Class 1 in the event it is required. We have a great logistics and installations team already in place but we need an additional driver to help us with our increased workload, getting stock delivered to our client's sites in the UK, EU and occasionally, further afield.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
· Liaise with our Logistics Co-ordinator on a weekly and daily basis to receive instruction on where stock needs to be delivered
· To drive and occasionally stay overnight in our sleeper cab if deliveries can not be completed in one day's return journey.
· To assist with the assembly of some items - training will be given
· To work in accordance with tachograph and commercial driving regulations.
· Loading and unloading stock which can be large, heavy items including office/showroom furniture and signage.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
· English as both business and domestic languages
· HGV Class 2
· Happy to train for Class 1 in the event it is required
· 26 tonne rigid Moffett licence (advantage)
· Able to load and unload heavy commercial office/showroom furniture and signage
· Basic math and written English
· Must be smart and presentable, happy to liaise with clients and colleague
· Flexibility will be paramount for this role which includes early starts and late finishes
A good sense of geography will be a huge advantage
Please apply if you have the relevant HGV Licence and the adequate experience.