CNC Miller (Nights)
Salary - £15.28 per hour
Hours -10pm - 8am Monday - Thursday, 37 hours per week
Location - Brighouse, West Yorkshire
Stafflex are currently recruiting on behalf of a well-established specialist manufacturer and supplier of gear racks, pinions and a range of screws. We are looking for an operative that can programme, set and operate milling machinery, with a variety of machinery utilising Haas and Siemens controls. The ability to edit programmes will be considered for a candidate with the right skills and attributes.
With a full CNC machining facility, our client have a commitment to developing and investing in the technology available, to ensure that tasks can be completed as efficiently as possible.
Key duties of the CNC Miller will include:
- Programming milling jobs from customer drawings
- Occasional use of manual milling
- Ensuring all documentation is completed at the right time
- Adhering to safe working practices at all times
- Performing all necessary safety checks to ensure integrity and effectiveness of the department
- Producing finished components to quality requirements.
- Programming in Haas and Siemens controls
- To attend and complete any training courses if required.
- Working with volume, small batches and single components
- Working to tight limits in a high precision environment.
- Workshop Housekeeping.
Key Skills and Experience of a CNC Miller:
- Should have a strong background in manual and CNC Milling.
- Previous experience of working with Haas and Siemens controllers (others will be considered).
- Able to work to engineering drawings with minimum supervision.
- Experience of various machine controls.
- Able to complete tasks using own initiative.
- Knowledge of racks and gears is desirable but not essential.
- Willingness to comply with all HSQE requirements and procedural controls.
- Strong housekeeping and continuous improvement ethic.
- Strong team member willing to assist wherever required.
- Skilled in manual handling
If you are interested in the role, and have relevant skills and experience, please apply to the role or call 01484 351010 (Ext.4) and speak to Mulenga in the Stafflex Engineering team. We look forward to hearing from you.