We are looking for a highly skilled CNC Miller for our global leading client.
The role is permanent and based at The Huddersfield site, which is highly modernised with excellent working conditions.
Salary: £29,000 (shift premium +30%)
CNC Milling with turning & grinding skills / experience.
· Flexible working in the Special Products area, where required.
· Ensure tasks are completed and issues resolved, identify faults and errors and take appropriate corrective action.
· Ensure the quality of parts produced comply to the drawing specification.
· Work to company and industry standards, retaining responsibility for own work.
· Carry out 'on the job' training of others as required within the department / section, appropriate to acquired skills / knowledge.
· Communicate with other members of the department / section to ensure workflow and customer requirements are met.
· Set, maintain and operate equipment and perform associated duties following a safe system of work.
* Apprentice trained or similar level of sub-contract / tool room / machining experience.
* Good general education.
Skills and Experience
· Proficient in CNC programming.
· Setting & operating experience using Heidenhain control preferable.
· Experience of CNC turning and/or grinding would be an advantage.
· Ability to understand part drawings and apply GD&T to parts being produced.
· Ability to undertake training on all processes within Special Products.
· Ability to work on own initiative to meet targets and deadlines.
· Ability to read, understand and write CNC program from engineering drawings.
· Strong team working skills, good communication skills and flexibility.
· Willingness to identify and implement improvements.
· Demonstrate a proactive and responsible attitude with a logical approach to problem solving using recognised problem-solving techniques.
· Subsidised canteen
· Annual performance bonus
· Subsidised gym
· Sports and Social club (weekly draws, subsidised excursions/trips UK and abroad)
· Contributory pension
35 hours a week
Mon-Thurs 7.30am - 3:30pm
Friday 7:30am - 12:30pm
After an initial period a dayshift/nightshift pattern is in place, weekly rotation