Our client are recruiting for A Toolmaker / CNC Machinist based in the Halifax area to join the tool room.
Duties include setting and operating a CNC hurco milling machines and surface grinders to machine various press, rolling and forming tools.
Hours are 7.30am - 4:30pm Mon to Thurs, with a 1pm finish on Friday.
Duties for the role include -
- You will be expected to make tooling accurately / efficiently with the minimum of Supervision. Experience in operating general tool room machinery such as centre lathes, vertical millers, CNC milling & turning , surface grinder is required.
- Supporting the maintenance department with any routine repairs
- Working from detailed engineering drawings and diagrams, samples and existing tools
- Quality checking of all work produced using micrometres, Vernier's and gauges
- Routine maintenance and upkeep of the tool room machinery and working areas
Applicants MUST have extensive experience within a tool room, ideally apprentice trained or qualified in engineering practices. Must also be able to set and operate all conventional tool room based machinery, be able to problem solve, work on your own initiative, and produce products from prototypes / customer drawings.