Communication Support Worker
Stafflex are working with a number of Further Education Colleges, SEN and mainstream Schools that require BSL Communication Support Workers to work as classroom support workers or on a 1-2-1 basis with pupils with specific needs. These roles are within the Huddersfield/Kirklees area, ready for a September 2019 start.
You must be qualified to BSL level 3 or above and have English and Maths Level 2 qualification. You will need to be proactive, enthusiastic and have a determination to succeed. You must also be highly flexible and able to work around learners requirements and individual needs.
To join our Communication Support Worker team you should:
· Have had recent classroom experience supporting hearing impaired learners
· Hold a relevant BSL qualification
· Have the ability to work closely with the class Teacher, and with individuals and groups of learners
· Have a passion for education, and be committed to improving learning
· Have excellent communication skills, with the ability to be adaptable, flexible and professional
· Be able to quickly develop positive relationships with learners and staff
· Good Literacy and Numeracy skills
Support Workers with additional skills such as Makaton and Team Teach would be very welcome.
Stafflex, an expert Education recruitment specialist, are currently welcoming applications from Communication Support Workers interested in day to day, short and long term assignments. Established in 2000, Stafflex has 19 years' experience of providing support staff to the education community across Huddersfield and the surrounding areas.
The benefits of working in schools through Stafflex are:
· A personable, friendly and professional service
· 24 hour phone line, with a real person available to speak with at all times
· Excellent communication and support tailored to your individual needs
· Weekly pay
· Good rates of pay based on experience
· You get holiday pay
· Access to a variety of schools and colleges across Kirklees