Communication Support Worker
- Date Posted: 5th October 2020
- Recruiter: Stafflex
- Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Salary: £13 to 15 per hour (Rate of pay will be dependent on experience, qualifications and skills)
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: Ongoing
- Work Hours: Part Time
- Qualifications: BSL Level 3
Stafflex is working with a Further Education College that requires a British Sign Language (BSL) Communication Support Worker to work on a 1-2-1 basis with pupils with specific needs. This is a part time role for the Huddersfield/Kirklees area to start in December 2020.
You must be qualified to BSL level 3 or above and have English and Maths Level 2 qualification. You will need to be proactive, enthusiastic and have a determination to succeed. You must also be highly flexible and able to work around learners requirements and individual needs.
To join our Communication Support Worker team you should:
· Have had recent classroom experience supporting hearing impaired learners
· Hold a relevant BSL qualification
· Have the ability to work closely with the class Teacher, and with individuals and groups of learners
· Have a passion for education, and be committed to improving learning
· Have excellent communication skills, with the ability to be adaptable, flexible and professional
· Be able to quickly develop positive relationships with learners and staff
· Good Literacy and Numeracy skills
Stafflex have been in business for over 19 years and our Huddersfield community is at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be a family run, independent agency.
The benefits of working in schools through Stafflex are:
Stafflex can offer you:
· Pay to scale
· Separate Holiday pay
· Advice and support from our team of ex teachers
· 24/7 phone lines
· Local, convenient assignments
If you hold a BSL qualification, and are looking to make a difference through the world of education then please apply now to begin your supply journey with Stafflex.
Do give us a call on 01484 351010 if you would like to find out more about Stafflex and how we can support you.
Stafflex Education are an equal opportunities employer and an Education Recruitment Business. Candidates will be subject to compliance procedures, including an enhanced DBS and reference check. Stafflex Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and young people.