A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Design Engineer to join us at our successful Sheet Metal Fabrication client based in Huddersfield.
Our client are a one stop shop for all Sheet Metal Fabrication requirements and have been successfully based on the same site since the early nineteen seventies. Over recent years there has been significant investment in state of the art Sheet Metal work equipment ensuring future growth.
Your day to day role will be extremely varied,being involved in projects over a wide range of sectors including, Rail, Automotive, Agricultural, Garage forecourt, Retail, Oil and Gas, Water treatment, Pharmaceutical, Banking, Automated payment systems and General Engineering.
The role will involve designing products in sheet metal using the latest Solid works package both from existing clients and new.
Once the jobs become live you will be expected to liase with production to ensure the products assemble in the most efficient manner (DFM), reviewing for any improvements which can be made on future batches.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing family run business.
* Worked in a 3D Design Engineers role in a Sheet Metal work environment for a minimum of 3 years.
* Ideally time served with a Sheet Metal work apprenticeship.
* Conversant with the latest Solid works package ideally the sheet metal function.
* Good communication skills working closely with current customers and new to understand their ideas and put these in to a cost-effective 3D design solution
* Be able to communicate with the shop floor to ensure your designs and assemblies are manufactured in the most efficient manner.
* Knowledge of Radan suite of software would be advantageous.
* Capable of building BOM's for designs created.
* Fully conversant with Office suite of programs.
* Experience of designing welding jigs for manual or robotic welding would be advantageous.
* Someone wanting to learn and build on the skills they already learnt in the sheet metal industry being a key member of the technical team.
* Can do positive attitude.
In return you will bel offered a very competitive salary for the candidate with the right skill set.
Hours are standard days Monday - Friday