Our client is a family owned company specialising in the design and build of precision machines for the international markets. The position is to expand and compliment an existing small team involved in the production and maintenance of the specialist machines and associated equipment.
ROLE: Electrical / Mechanical Engineer
REPORTS TO: Production Director
HOURS OF WORK: 08.30hrs to 17.00hrs (including 30min Lunch Break)
SALARY: £25,000 - £33,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
To develop, design and build new and existing machines in accordance with customer specifications, including software systems and wiring diagrams.
* Panel building and installation of control systems
* 17th Edition Regulations accreditation
* Upgrade, refurbish, service and repair existing machines both in the factory and customer premises in the UK and abroad
* Update existing and produce new wiring drawings in Auto Cad schematic or similar
* Comply with current electrical and construction regulations. i.e. Cable sizing calculations
* Commission motor controls and variable speed drives
* Fault finding, diagnosis and resolution of new and old control systems to quality standard
* Mechanical build and assembly
* Testing electrical installations and systems following assembly
* Service visits to Customer sites
* Willingness to work overseas for installation, commissioning and maintenance
* Develop personal skills, competences and capabilities through on-going training as agreed by the Company
* Compiling and updating work manuals/technical files on a regular basis ( Word / Excel )
* Use own initiative to improve design of electrical builds
Self-driven, results oriented with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses their own performance. Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with senior executives. Reliable, tolerant and determined. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel within the UK and abroad. A team player willing to share knowledge and information.
Must be mature and domestically secure as working some nights away from home during a month could be required. Commute reliably to base and Customers sites. Willing to work extended hours to meet Customer deadlines. Full driving licence with maximum 3 points and valid Passport.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Plan and manage a personal portfolio of customer accounts to deliver orders to agreed specifications and timescales
* Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles when fault finding
* Effective proactive liaison with the two Directors, customers and suppliers, as necessary, to forecast, plan and supply machines to relevant quality and timescales
* Assist the Production Director with stock and materials management
* Prepare and submit relevant administration in a timely and accurate manner; for example, drawings, packing, routing, transport and safety documentation
* Adhere to Health & Safety Policies and other requirements relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials, for which the role has responsibility
* Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to quality management
* Maintain and develop existing and new customers through providing appropriate solutions, relevant internal liaison on customers premises to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction
* The candidate must be competent in interpreting electrical drawings and be able to work fast and efficiently.
* Clean, tidy & organised is a must
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
Understands the principles of process machinery and associated electronics, including hands on experience with; control panels, AC/DC drives, motor starters and machinery safety systems. Experience of installing wiring to motors, sensors, limit switches, etc. Good fitting skills and a logical approach to diagnostics and fault finding on new and existing systems. Able to communicate effectively with customers.
Experience in one or more of the following programmes is desirable; CAD systems for electrical wiring diagrams and mechanical constructions, Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
* Understanding of relevant current Health & Safety legislation and familiarise self with all updates
* Develop skills with PLC/Relay logic programming
* Working towards IEEE 17th Edition Regulations accreditation
* Electrical design + drawing in Auto cad schematic or similar
* Willingness to undertake training and development to achieve Electronics Engineer Qualification/Professional status
* Enter into Training Agreement with the Company to achieve qualifications