Engineering Production Manager
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Location: Elland, Halifax, West Yorkshire
Hours: 07:30 - 16:00 Monday to Friday
My client are currently looking to recruit an experienced Engineering Production Manager to oversee our manufacturing team. The right individual will have a real passion for what they do. Maintaining the highest standards should be priority. Taking ownership for quality, people and site requirements, needs to come natural to the right candidate and this is a great opportunity for an ambitious and hard-working person to step into an expanding and growing sector.
The Key Duties of the Engineering Production Manager
· Responsible for ensuring that all production of components in the factory meets customer demands and requirements and to ensure that stock levels are maintained.
· Daily scheduling and progressing work through the factory by allocating work to staff in line with their skill sets, machine capabilities to satisfy customer orders and restocking requirements
· Ensuring all customer orders are progressed in line with promised delivery dates.
· Monitoring the performance of staff to ensure that work is produced in line with deadlines and customer requirements.
· Production troubleshooting and solving production problems
· Ensuring that a friendly but disciplined work environment is maintained and that health and safety standards and company policies are enforced.
· Appraising and disciplining staff, according to the company's disciplinary procedure.
· Checking that components produced are of high quality as specified in drawings and in other written specifications and are within required tolerance levels.
· Ordering raw materials and finished goods to meet customer and restocking requirements and ensuring that they are delivered on time and correctly, according to the official orders.
· Ensuring that finished components are packed and dispatched in time and that documentation is processed according to company procedures.
· Ensuring that labourers load and unload lorries safely with goods and appropriate documentation is produced and signed correctly for dispatch and receipt of goods according to company procedures.
· Ensuring that finished goods produced and purchased are added to the stock control system.
· Dealing with customer queries, taking orders and offering advice to customers including dealing with complaints
· Ensuring that the machinery is operated safely in-line with health and safety guidelines and that all necessary PPE is worn.
· Keeping the Directors informed of any production issues that may affect the company's ability to meet customer orders and other requirements.
The Key Skills and Experienced required of the Engineering Production Manager
· Previous experience in managing production in a busy engineering workshop with at least 15 employees.
· Ability to carry out scheduling of tasks in a high pressure environment where new daily orders have to be progressed quickly to satisfy customer requirements.
· Previous experience of working in a machining workshop, producing goods on CNC machines and/or manual lathes and milling machines.
· Ability to understand detailed engineering drawings and interpret them.
· Negotiating with suppliers and ordering materials.
· Knowledge of different grades of steel used in production
· Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements in an engineering workshop.
· Previous experience of dealing with staff discipline issues
· Tactful and diplomatic when dealing with staff and customers.
· Basic IT skills to use computer based ordering systems and email.
If you have the required experience, technical skill and knowledge, and want to be considered for the opportunity, please apply or call Lydia on 01484 351010 option 4 for more information.