General Description of the position:
This is a hands on role together with leading the fabrication team with regard to the safe and efficient manufacture of our products focusing on people, quality cost and delivery. Looking to continually improve the working environment.
Key duties include:
· Produce quality components using mig and tig and the ability to work predominantly with mild steel and stainless steel.
· Light and medium welding experience
· Responsible for the direct supervision of all fabrication personnel
· Assesses root cause of problems, suggests and implements improvements.
· Manages daily/weekly tasks
· Continue to develop a strong team mentality
· Escalates issues/opportunities to line manager when applicable
· Liaises with other company departments to achieve greater flow and efficiency including process improvement objectives.
· Supports/implements and Ensures the daily update of departmental visual management systems
· Consumable Material and stock levels are reviewed and updated to continue production effectively/efficiently.
· Ensure that components are manufactured on time, at the right quality and on budget.
· Ensures that employee Health and Safety is maintained.
· Any reasonable request from line manager or director
· Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings and specifications.
· Understanding of fabrication techniques
· Understanding of working with Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality
· Keen to develop in role
· Ability to take instruction and work independently to produce a result
· Ability to listen and ask questions when unsure
· High interest level in engineering and manufacturing
· Pays attention to detail
· Sees the bigger picture
· Good communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships at all levels
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to work to deadlines whilst working under pressure.
· Be driven through quality, efficiency and cost
· Flexible and adaptable
· Interested in learning and quick to learn