General Description of the position:
This position would suit a driven, strong minded individual looking for a challenge. This is a hands on role together with leading the fabrication team in regard to the safe and efficient manufacture of our products focusing on people, quality, cost and delivery.
Key duties include:
· Produce quality components using mig and tig and the ability to work predominantly with mild steel and stainless steel.
· Light and medium welding experience
· Responsible for the direct supervision of all fabrication personnel
· Assesses root cause of problems, suggests and implements improvements.
· Manages daily/weekly tasks
· Continue to develop a strong team mentality
· Escalates and gives feedback on issues/opportunities to his/her line manager when applicable.
· Liaises with other departments within the business to achieve greater communication, flow and efficiency, with a focus on process improvement.
· Supports/implements and Ensures the daily update of departmental visual management systems
· Consumable Material and stock levels are reviewed and updated to continue production effectively/efficiently.
· Ensure that components are manufactured on time, at the right quality and on budget.
· Ensures that employee Health and Safety is implemented and maintained.
· Any reasonable request from line manager or director
· Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings and specifications.
· Understanding of fabrication techniques
· Understanding of working with Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality
· Lean experience (preferable)