Stafflex are working with a large manufacturing company requiring an experienced FLT driver to carry out all duties of an FLT Driver, effectively and efficiently, maximising and contributing to the success of the manufacturing operation.
· To ensure comprehensive quality checks are followed and understood to achieve compliance as a minimum with the ISO 9001 standard.
· To ensure environmental management procedures are followed to achieve compliance with ISO 14001 standard.
· To ensure all management procedures are followed in line with all our Health, Safety and BRC procedures.
· Housekeeping is of paramount importance and you are to ensure you are working in a clean and safe environment.
· You are to communicate regularly with your supervisor/manager and raise any issues immediately that need actioning or resolving.
· Company clothing must be worn at all times during the working shift and where applicable the relevant PPE must also be worn in the correct manner.
To ensure the external FLT safety check is completed every shift prior to driving. You are to drive in a safe manner wearing a seat belt and in accordance with Company Policy, Safe Systems of Work and the HSE guidance provided.
You are to load and unload safely from both sides of the vehicle ensuring the loading straps are free for use by the wagon driver.
Whilst unloading board from our suppliers you must ensure the key safe system is operated.
Maximise and maintain the effectiveness and efficiency of machine production output by ensuring board is available to ensure production figures are met.
· When feeding machines, you are to ensure all paperwork is followed and all boards and labels are updated accordingly.
· When loading our vehicles you are to ensure the picking list ties up with what is actually loaded on the vehicle.
· All drivers taking out or putting in to stock are to ensure all the row labels are updated accordingly.
· You must report any faults on the FLT immediately and report any accidental damage you may have caused. Failure to do this may result in disciplinary action.
· To check and be aware of pedestrians and other vehicle activity. Never drive your truck away from a pedestrian until they have signalled they are at a safe distance to do so.
· You must not operate your FLT whilst using a mobile phone.
Any other responsibilities which may fall in line with your job role:
The effective and efficient performance of all additional ad hoc duties which may be designated to the post holder from time-to-time by the management team in furtherance of the interests of the business and its needs.
· FLT Licence (In date)
Currently working on shift rotation: 6am-2pm, 10pm-6am, 2pm-10pm - day shifts are paid £8.29, night shifts are paid £11.03.
We will be moving to a continental / panama shift at some point in the future and will gradually roll this out across the business. They will be 12 hour shifts 6am to 6pm and 6pm to 6am working 2 weeks on days 2 on 2 off 3 on 3 off then 2 weeks on nights 2 on 2 off 3 on 3 off. I will let you know the rates nearer the time but we need to know whether people will work those hours when we change over to them.
If you have the relative skillset please apply for the position or call direct to Stafflex | 01484 35 10 10