Further Education SEN Support Workers
- Date Posted: 9th July 2020
- Recruiter: Stafflex
- Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Salary: £8.89 to £10.50 per hour. (Rate of pay will be dependent on experience, qualifications and skills)
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: Ongoing
- Work Hours: Part Time and Full Time
I am working in partnership with a Further Education College, looking for Support Workers across a number of departments.
With centres across Kirklees, the college requires enthusiastic, adaptable and compassionate individuals to support their learners with additional needs.
I am looking for individuals who are committed to making a positive difference and seeing learner's lives turned around. With your experience in Behaviour Management / SEN / Mental Health, positive behaviour handling strategies and mentoring you could help young people by giving them an opportunity to see life differently, change their perspective but most importantly inspire them to succeed.
Your day to day duties will include supporting students one to one or in small groups across various curriculum subjects, playing a pivotal part in ensuring that the students keep on task and are learning to their full capacity.
You will work closely with the course tutor, parents/carers and will also take pastoral responsibility for the students you support. My client can offer you training and development opportunities and a supportive, inclusive working environment.
- Do you have experience of working with learners with additional needs?
- Are you resilient, calm and adaptable?
- Do you have a positive, proactive attitude?
- Do you have Grade C or above at Maths and English GCSE or equivalent?
Then this job could be for you!
Stafflex have been in business for over 19 years and our Huddersfield community is at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be a family run, independent agency.
Stafflex can offer you:
- Pay to scale
- Separate Holiday pay
- Advice and support from our team of ex teachers
- 24/7 phone lines
- Local, convenient assignments
At Stafflex we put our relationships with both our temporary staff and our colleges first. We are here to support you, at any stage in your career. That's why we have a reputation for being Huddersfield's most friendly, transparent and ethical agency.
Our colleges located across Huddersfield and the wider area, can offer you:
- A diverse range of teaching environments
- Supportive leaders and colleagues
- Clear strategies for behaviour management
- Innovative and creative teaching and learning methods
If you are a Support Worker then please apply now to begin your supply teaching journey with Stafflex.
Do give us a call on 01484 351010 if you would like to find out more about Stafflex and how we can support you.
Alternatively, feel free to call into our office, in the centre of Huddersfield and we would be happy to have a chat.
Stafflex Education are an equal opportunities employer and an Education Recruitment Business. Candidates will be subject to compliance procedures, including an enhanced DBS and reference check. Stafflex Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and young people.