Head of Commercial Services and Membership
Salary - Competitive Salary - Based on Experience
Location - Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Hours - 08:00 - 16:30 (Monday to Friday)
Additional hours as and when requred to attend networking and events.
Our clients mission is to drive growth among businesses of all sizes and sectors across the Halifax, Huddersfield and Wakefield districts by providing relevant and valuable support and benefits to members. The Head of Commercial Services and Membership will be responsible for driving sales to increase membership, managing communications with members and promoting benefits to members through regular marketing and events activity. The role is supported by the Membership, Marketing & Events Team and shall include leadership ,management and developing the growth strategy of that team.
This a great opportunity for an experienced person to build their business contacts, whilst having input and responsibility on the clients involvement with events and networking forums. You will attend events for the ommunity and business within the local area, driving sales through excellent and efficient sales plans.
The Key Duties of the Head of Commercial Services and Membership
· Increase membership of the Chamber, with support from the Membership Sales staff.
· Develop and implement a sales plan, including identification of potential members to method of first contact.
· Develop and implement procedures to increase retention of members.
· Liaise with members on a regular basis and deal with membership queries from potential and existing members.
· Oversee administration of the CRM system, with support from the Marketing Administration Assistant.
· Recruit new patrons and commercial partners of the Chamber as and when required.
· With support from the Marketing Administration Assistant, conduct market research with potential and existing members to determine the value of existing membership benefits and to identify potential new benefits that may be offered.
· Adapt the Chamber's Communication Plan as and when required to include ad-hoc communications containing information relevant to members.
· Update and maintain information on the Chamber's website, including new member information, changes to member information, benefits, events and news.
· Attend non-Chamber networking events, trade shows and exhibitions to represent and promote the Chamber.
· Develop and manage the Chamber's Events Plan, including development of a 12-month schedule of events.
· Set profit targets for events, monitor costs and bookings, and ensure that profit targets are met.
· Attend events to oversee on the day delivery, represent the Chamber and network with potential and existing members, patrons and commercial partners.
· Lead coordination and management of the MY Business Conference events.
· Ensure all plans/ schedules reflect the current needs of the membership and support the Chamber's mission statement and long-term strategies.
· Review and amend plans/ schedules as appropriate and provide reports on membership, marketing and events activity as and when required.
· Manage the Membership, Marketing and Events Team budget and provide reports on budget and expenditure and return on investment as and when required.
· Line manage the Membership, Marketing & Events Team, including conducting appraisals, managing performance, building strong team work ethics and communication within the team.
· Provide management information to quarterly board meetings.
They Key Specification of the Head of Commercial Services and Membership
· Experience in developing and managing strategies and activity.
· Experience in managing and promoting events.
· Line management experience.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, content management systems and social media platforms.
· Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects and work to deadlines and in a pressured environment.
· Strong communications and public relations skills, coupled with the ability to influence others in a positive manner.
· Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with others.
· Strong commercial background.
· Experience of working with the public sector.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Business or marketing related degree or equivalent professional qualification would be beneficial.
If you are interested in the opportunity, please apply to the position or call Aiden or Anna on 01484 351010 in the Stafflex Office Team for more information.