Injection Moulding Technician / Engineering Managers role overview
On behalf of out client based in Huddersfield, we require an experienced Plastic Injection Moulding Technician / Engineering Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for a team of 6 staff including setters, maintenance and tool room engineers.
Main responsibilities and duties are,
Attend a daily production meeting, liaise with the Production Manager and assign all aspects of setting and engineering work, ensure these are completed in line with the production plan and achieving quality standards.
Proficient in repairs on equipment and machinery by engineering fault finding and/or liaising with external specialised company's or engineers.
Head the team of setters, and have significant experience in processing out moulding issues, optimisation, tool trials and all other aspects of injection moulding.
Manage the required maintenance for our 11 injection moulding machines and ancillary equipment to a high standard.
Be a key member of the management team.
Be a fundamental part in the implementation of new projects, components and products from concept to completion.
To be successful in this role you would require the following attributes
· Significant knowledge of engineering principles, fault finding and maintenance
· Set up new jobs and step in to assist with setting as required.
· Significant experience in tool setting and processing a variety of materials
· Experience in trouble shooting moulding and process issues
· Lead, motivate and communicate with your team and across departments
· Be able to interpret technical drawings of tools, components and machinery
· Physically fit
· Proficient at fixing old presses, including repairs and modifications
· Ideal candidate should have the potential to move in to a promoted role in the Senior Management Team and potentially become the right hand person to Tony.
· Mostly mechanical role, some electrical, 17th Edition desirable but not essential. Hydraulic experience would be helpful.
· Full time staff contract
· Weekly salary paid
· Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm (finish at 3pm on Friday)
· Salary £33,000
· Holidays: 26 days plus stats (need to keep 10 days in the summer, 4 days in spring and at Christmas.