Mechanical Design Engineer
Permanent + £40k (depending on experience)
Our client have an involvement in a diverse variety of industrial markets, and heavily centred on design and manufacture, they provide key equipment/ machinery in a number of business sectors.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their existing design team, they will:
· Work closely with the existing design team to fully understand the customers' needs and performance requirements.
· Design with cost in mind using cost-effective decisions.
· Evaluate design concept technical and project risks.
· Working on existing designs, overcome mechanical problems, providing evidence, 3D models and fully details drawings (Solidworks CAD).
· Be able to work with the team but also individually on new projects from concept to production ensuring designs are robustly engineered.
· Liaising with a multi-disciplined team during development and also with suppliers to ensure correct materials and parts are sourced.
· Working with the Design Manager, responsible for ensuring cost targets and project time plans are met.
· Knowledge of Sage system
· Presenting designs throughout the project and holding design reviews to peers.
· Completing ECN work on existing designs.
· Be able to identify ISO standards which have a direct impact on the design.
· Knowledge of machining methods and sheet metal designs.
· Have some experience in industrial design to ensure the company produces aesthetically pleasing solutions to design briefs.
· Experience in general machine design and build.
· Hands-on build experience.
· Experience working with gears, drives and motors.
· Educated to Degree level in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· Minimum 3 years of engineering design experience
· 3 years' experience with Solidworks and AutoCAD
· Good communicator
· Strong verbal and written skills.
Please call Lydia or Alex on 01484 351010 for more information or to apply