Mechanical Repairs fitter
8 am- 16.30pm Mon - Thu and 8am - 13.30pm Fri
£23,000 + Training Provided
Stafflex are representing the UK leading manufacture within the hydraulics industry who have been established for over 40 years and are now looking to develop a mechanical engineer within their repairs department.
Our client need the company to reach a more stable level of profitability, thereby enhancing job security. The company vision of being the leading designers and manufacturers of special purpose actuators and accumulators in Europe should be obvious in everything that is done by all members of our team. Our main task is to convey this to customers in a way which demonstrates that we are committed to it, motivated by it and doing it.
Responsibilities & Duties
Meeting the needs of customers, ensuring that each product or service is delivered cost-effectively, speedily and to the highest quality.
Fulfilling own responsibilities within the current Health and Safety and Employment Law.
Providing assistance to others members of staff in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities.
Giving your best in terms of quality of work and value for money.
Resolving any concerns or issues with your immediate Colleagues, Charge hand and Manager.
Liaising with your Charge hand and Manager to resolve any persistent or unresolved problems encountered.
Reporting immediately to your Manager any Health & Safety regulations which may be potentially breached in the absence of your Manager report to your Charge hand.
Setting a good example when supporting management and implementing change.
Assisting all colleagues in paperwork and cleaning duties and feeding back views, ideas and concerns to the Management Team.
Tasks It is a requirement that you use your own initiative to carry out your duties including but not limited to the following.
- Pay due regard to the principles of health and safety at all times.
- Clean and dismantle assemblies as required.
- Create written report to describe the condition of the component parts and review with repair shop technical staff.
- Store components as necessary.
- Review assembly drawing and fitting file.
- Check manufactured items to parts list, check bought out items to B.O. parts list and report any discrepancies.
- Ensure that all manufactured items are effectively de-burred.
- Organise work and work area so that a high level of efficiency and quality is achieved.
- Assemble manufactured and B.O. parts as shown on the arrangement drawing.
- Ensure that all parts are thoroughly cleaned prior to assembly.
- Ensure that test equipment is safe to use.
- Ensure that lifting equipment is safe to use.
- Test, inspect and record to meet the requirements of the documentation.
Please call Lydia on 01484 351010 to apply, this role is an immediate start