Nursery Practitioner/Room Leader
- Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Salary: £9.00 to £9.30 Rate of pay will be dependent on experience, qualifications and skills)
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Qualifications: Level 2, Level 3
Stafflex Education are working in partnership with a Nursery located in Kirklees who are looking to recruit a permanent Nursery Practitioner/Room Leader. Rated Good by Ofsted the Nursery provides quality childcare to children from birth to 5 years offering full or part time day sessions.
The Nursery is looking for an experienced practitioner who has a Level 2 in early year's education, a childcare qualification or equivalent and a commitment to obtaining a level 3 qualification. The ideal candidate should have knowledge of EYFS, safeguarding and child protection procedures and commitment to equal opportunities.
The main duties of a Nursery Practitioner/Room Leader are:
- To act as a key person to a group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- Teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- Assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for guidance.
- To help to set up for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To take action to support the setting to achieve and maintain a minimum good Ofsted rating at the next inspection.
- Play/interact with children on the floor and apparatus.
- Actively participate at team meetings, supervision meetings and appraisal meetings.
- Attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for personal development.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting's operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting.
- Ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
- As room leader your additional duties will be to over-see the smooth running of the room and to liaise with other members of staff to ensure that the room is running effectively at all times. You will be expected model good behaviour at all times and to provide guidance and support to colleagues.
If and are looking to make a difference through the world of education then please apply now to begin your journey with Stafflex.
Do give us a call on 01484 351010 if you would like to find out more about Stafflex and how we can support you.
Stafflex Education are an equal opportunities employer and an Education Recruitment Business. Candidates will be subject to compliance procedures, including an enhanced DBS and reference check. Stafflex Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and young people.