Salary: £27,346.80 per annum
Hours: 30 Hours per week
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. Remote working opportunity where applicable.
Working as part of an 'excellent customer focused team' your primary aim is the delivery of an efficient, accurate and proactive Payroll service for our 700+ employees. You will be counted on to provide an exceptional level of customer service at all times to each of our customers whether internal or external, whilst adhering to strict deadlines, representing the company brand and our values of One Team, Excellence and Passion.
To be successful in the role of Payroll Manager, you must have extensive knowledge of payroll systems with specific knowledge and experience of using SAP and all associated administration processes both paper and electronic. The Payroll Team Leader will also be responsible for quality checking, task completion monitoring, investigating any discrepancies whilst maintaining excellent customer service and be an advocate for continuous improvement. You will provide second level support on resolving queries whilst coaching the HR / Payroll Administration Team to develop their own problem solving skills and knowledge.
Key duties of a Payroll Team Manager:
· Management of the Payroll Team
· Support the day to day management of the Payroll tasks - referring any issues impacting on the customer or service delivery to the Management Accountant
· Day to day management of the Payroll Administration function, ensuring that all contract letters and correspondence are accurate, specific to each person and are issued in a timely manner ensuring that these are issued in accordance with our legal requirements
· Build and maintain long-term relationships with internal or external customers & key stakeholders including liaise with external payroll provider as required
· Payroll Training and support throughout the organisation
· Liaising with the Finance Team to manage employee overpayments
· Co-ordinate the process of issuing subsidies in those exceptional circumstances which arise
· Assist with projects as required
· Ensure that all activities are undertaken in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations and challenge where this does not occur.
The Essential experience of a Payroll Manager:
· The ability to demonstrate the business values - ONE TEAM, PASSION, EXCELLENCE
· Experience of people management
· A mature, confident and professional approach
· Extensive knowledge of Payroll systems with a specific focus on SAP
· Confidence and experience in dealing with people and explaining complex issues in a compassionate, logical and simple manner
· Computer literate, in particular the ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
· Strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines
· Exceptional attention to detail.
Benefits of working with the Company:
· Free Car Parking for all staff
· Discount of Membership for Staff and up to 2 family members.
· Reward Scheme for achieving targets and showing company values consistently.
If you are interested in the position want to know more, please apply to the position or call Aiden and Mulenga on 01484 351010.