We are currently recruiting for a Pre School Manager for a 'good' Preschool within the outskirts of Huddersfield.
The role would be 37.5 hours a week plus 15 hours per week within holiday club weeks'.
The ideal person would be an enthusiastic, pro-active and experienced Preschool Manager able to; provide safe, high quality education and care for preschool children; to fulfil legal and statutory requirements; to supervise staff on a day to day basis; and to contribute and implement preschool policies.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- To manage the smooth running of the preschool.
- To lead the staff team to deliver high quality practice within the preschool.
- To work within and implement the EYFS statutory framework.
- To ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of the children at all times.
- To ensure the safeguarding and welfare of children in the setting.
- To promote, build and maintain strong partnership, working with parents and families and liaising
with outside agencies were necessary to enable children's needs to be met.
- To undertake office based duties including finances, budget control, parent enquiries, marketing and recruitment.
Qualifications and Skills
- NNEB, BTEC National in Nursery Nursing, DCE in Early Years and Childcare or NVQ level 4 in
Childcare and Education.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years relevant management experience within the last 5 years of
working within a preschool or similar setting.
- Food hygiene and first aid qualifications would be desirable.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of; OFSTED's daycare standards; Early Years Foundation
Stage curriculum; Health and safety systems and procedures; Safeguarding children and personal
responsibilities relating to this; and working with children with additional needs.
- Must be able to effectively lead an experienced team and be able to build good relationships with
children, parents and other staff.
If this is the job for you please call Becky on 01484 351010 who will help you every step of the way.