Sheetmetal and HVAC
Up to £35k DOE + Overtime
Our client are a long established and rapidly growing ventilation and air conditioning company supplying design, manufacture and installation services to the HVAC market. They require an experience sheet metal supervisor with specific hands on experience within the ventilation and hvac industry, in order to drive the team and the company forward.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Cost out work orders
- Process completed work orders
- Writing and fulfilling purchase orders
- Order required materials
- Work with our fabricators to ensure all orders are met on time and within allotted budgets
- Fabricate all type of sheet metal details for ventilation units - using pressers, rollers, laser cutters
- Calculate measurements to verify specifications
- Maintain inventory of all items, materials and tools
- Tracking and accepting shipments and deliveries
- Ensure all machinery used is well maintained and properly functioning
- Train new sheet metal workers in company techniques and procedures
- Supervise skilled and semi-skilled workers of sheet metal employees who simultaneously work in different work cells to include, laser operation, press brake operation, welding and assembly operations, and finishing operations.
- Make sure quality of production is at the highest standard
- Complete understanding of flat metal layout considering growth and bend allowance.
- Complete understanding of press brake forming techniques and brake sequences.
- Analyzes plans, drawings, layouts, and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of sheet metal assignments.
- Knowledge of welding techniques to include TIG, MIG, Wire Feed, and Spot. (desirable)
- Ability to interpret shop drawings, sketches, layouts and blue prints.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Shop Forman- 5 years' experience
- Experience working in the HVAC/ Ventilation industry
Please call Lydia on 01484 351010 for more information or to apply