Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Salary: 12.43(Rate of pay will be dependent on experience, qualifications and skills)
Work Hours: Full Time
Stafflex is currently recruiting on behalf of a leading Further Education college for a motivated Progress Coach to work in Kirklees. This is an exciting opportunity were you can make a difference to the lives of young people.
The role of a Progress Coach is to offer additional support, pastoral care and guidance to learners, enabling them to succeed in their studies. The support and guidance will be for case load of learners on a one-to-one or small group basis, developing their skills and helping them overcome barriers to their learning.
As a Progress Coach you will work as part of a wider team to ensure learners achieve their qualifications and gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours to progress to the next stage in their education or careers.
The successful candidate will have:
· Excellent behaviour management and engagement skills.
· Experience of working with young people in an education setting
· Level 2 Maths and English
· Experience in coaching and mentoring
You will play a key role in helping learners get the most out of their studies, providing support and encouragement during their learning experience. You will monitor progress and achievement, and set personalised goals and targets.
Stafflex can offer you:
· Pay to scale in line with recommendations from the School Teachers' Review Body on teachers' pay
· Separate Holiday pay to ensure you have paid annual leave opportunities
· Weekly BACS pay through our in house payroll team
· Make life easy by using our Stafflex Hub to tell us when you're available to work and other benefits including downloading useful training documents and more
· Advice and support from our team of ex teachers
· Local, convenient assignments
· 24/7 phone service
We put our relationships with both our temporary staff and our colleges first. We are here to support you, at any stage in your career. That's why we have a reputation for being Huddersfield's most friendly, transparent and ethical agency.
Give us a call on 01484 351010 if you would like to find out more about Stafflex and how we can support you.
Stafflex have been in business for over 20 years and our Huddersfield community is at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be an award-winning family run, independent agency.
Stafflex Education are an equal opportunities employer and an Education Recruitment Business. Candidates will be subject to compliance procedures, including an enhanced DBS and reference check. Stafflex Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and young people.