Quality Engineer Associate
Temp - Perm - £10.98ph
To provide support to the Quality Engineering department, allowing the timely processing of parts through the inspection process and the return and rejection process by undertaking the following duties.
-Create records on rejection database, liaising with Quality Engineers.
- Liaise with purchasing, sales, warehouse and suppliers to progress RMA's.
-Chase suppliers/customers for information.
- Liaise with Supplier Quality Engineers with regard to corrective action responses.
-Quarantine and un quarantine parts.
- Liaise with shipping department.
- General understanding of reason for return or rejection.
-Packing and preparation of parts to be returned to suppliers.
- Running of out of life reports and the subsequent actions to deal with the parts.
-To assist with the checking of parts in stock as the result of customer concerns.
-Processing of parts deemed scrap and requiring destruction.
All individuals have a responsibility, under the country specific health, safety and welfare legislation in which they are working, to ensure that the Company's health and safety policies and procedures are complied with. All employees are required to familiarise themselves with health, safety and fire procedures and the accident notification system, whilst taking all possible steps to safeguard the safety, health, and welfare of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Nature and Scope Provide support to Quality Engineering by monitoring and progressing the timely processing of customer returns, supplier rejections, requests for RMA's placed on sales, purchasing, warehouse and suppliers.
Input data into various databases. Run reports and publish data to the department, the Quality Support Associate will also have a good understanding of the reason why parts have been returned from a customer, or why parts are being returned to a supplier. They will also support the inspection function with regard to the checking and quarantining of parts on receipt or in stock where there has been a concern raised.
Run the out of life reports, publish the results to the business. Liaise with the warehouse inventory team to ensure parts are removed from stock in a timely manner, and process parts to scrap as and when required.
Background Experience and Qualifications
* A working knowledge of business process computer systesm e.g. People Soft, SAP or equivalent.
* A confident telephone manner.
* Good PC skills to include experience with MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Access.
* Ability to learn to read Engineering Standards would be an advantage.
* Good interpersonal skills are also essential.
* Organised and the ability to prioritise.
For more information or to apply please call Lydia or Alex on 01484 351010