Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and performance driven technical sales person to join our growing business. They will be focused on performing activities to build customer relations, increase market share and develop new opportunities for the business with the ultimate goal of increasing product sales. Preferably with a back ground in mechanical engineering, they will have the ability to effectively present technical products and solutions to the customer, having previous experience within a sales/business development role. As member of a small company, the candidate must be interested and willing to learn all aspects of the business, be effective at working as part of a team and adapt to taking on new responsibilities as and when required.
Our client is a small but growing power transmissions company currently in its 30th year of trading. The company supports customers from a wide range of industrial markets in the design, selection, manufacture, supply, service and repair of power transmission products. The industry sectors we work with include oil & gas, construction, material handling, mining and agriculture. With year on year growth in sales and increasing opportunities, we are now seeking to recruit an additional sales person to develop customer accounts and drive company revenue and profitability.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Identifying new business opportunities and making contact with potential new customers who may benefit from our products and services.
· Responding quickly to leads and managing sales opportunities through the companies CRM system.
· Preparing quotations and managing customer and supplier price lists.
· Selecting an appropriate product or solution to meet the requirements of the customer's application.
· Technically presenting products and solutions to the customer.
· Developing long term relationships with clients, managing key accounts to seek new opportunities for product sales and providing the customer with technical and commercial after sales support.
· Working with Engineering to develop the more bespoke, customised applications.
· Developing a strategic sales plan that will contribute to the annual company budgets and sales forecasts
· Managing the weekly calendar to effectively perform both inside sales activities and customer visits
· Contributing to marketing activities to help promote the company's product portfolio
Requirements & Skills
· Degree or equivalent in an engineering based discipline.
· Preferably a minimum of 2 years' experience in a customer facing, commercial role.
· Customer focused and results orientated
· An ability to identify the need of the customer, problem solve and deliver a solution
· Excellent communication skills with an ability to form relationships quickly with customers.
· An understanding of the UK power transmission market with cross-sector knowledge is advantageous.
· Full UK driving license and a desire to travel.
· sales/business development
· Full UK Driving Licence