Primary and Secondary School Cover Supervisor
Are you looking for work within education? Have you considered work as a cover supervisor? Here at Stafflex Education we work in close collaboration with a range of Huddersfield, Kirklees, Calderdale and Wakefield based primary and secondary schools who are always on the lookout for adaptable and resourceful cover supervisors for day to day, short and long term assignments.
What is a Cover Supervisor?
Cover supervisors are required when there is a short term absence of teaching staff in the classroom across any subject area. As a cover supervisor your main job is to manage the classroom ensuring that students remain on task with the work set by a teacher, manage behaviour, respond to questions and deal with any immediate problems in accordance to the schools policies and procedures. This is the ideal role for those on a pathway to becoming a qualified teacher. It is a great opportunity to gain more experience and build up your skills.
To be considered for this role ideally you will have:
- Recent experience within an education setting
- Minimum of Level 3 qualification
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to think on your feet
- Strong behaviour management skills
- The ability to adapt, be confident and passionate
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a face to face registration interview
At Stafflex we put our relationships with both our cover supervisors and our schools first. We are here to support you, at any stage in your career. That's why we have a reputation for being Huddersfield's most friendly, transparent and ethical agency. Stafflex have been in business for over 20 years and our Huddersfield community is at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be a family run, independent agency.
Stafflex can offer you:
· Pay to scale in line with recommendations from the School Teachers' Review Body on teachers' pay
· Weekly (BACS / PAYE) pay through our in-house payroll team
· Separate Holiday pay to ensure you have paid annual leave opportunities.
· Advice and support from our team of ex teachers
. Stafflex Hub
· 24/7 telephone lines
· Local, convenient assignments
Call us on 01484 351010 if you would like to find out more about Stafflex and how we can support you.
Stafflex Education are an equal opportunities employer and an Education Recruitment Agency and Business. Candidates will be subject to compliance procedures, including an enhanced DBS and reference check. Stafflex Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and young people.