Secondary School Teaching Assistant
- Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Salary: £59 to £73 Per Day. Rate of pay will be dependent on experience, qualifications and skills)
Here at Stafflex we work in close collaboration with a range of Huddersfield based secondary schools. Our schools are always on the lookout for adaptable and resourceful teaching assistants for day to day and long term and permanent assignments.
Your day to day duties as a teaching assistant will include working alongside the class teacher to support students across various curriculum subjects, playing a pivotal part in ensuring that the students keep on task and are learning to their full capacity. You may be required to support small groups or 1:1 during lessons with learners who require extra support. In this role you will also promote positive behaviour an encourage learners to become effective communicators
You will also take pastoral responsibility for the students you support and help prepare learning recourses and execute activities.
Stafflex have been in business for over 20 years and our Huddersfield community is at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be a family run, independent agency.
Stafflex can offer you:
- Pay to scale in line with recommendations from the School Teachers' Review Body on teachers' pay
- Separate Holiday pay to ensure you have paid annual leave opportunities
- Weekly BACS pay through our in house payroll team
- Make life easy by using our Stafflex Hub web App to tell us when you're available to work and other benefits including downloading useful training documents and more
- Advice and support from our team of ex teachers
- Local, convenient assignments
- 24/7 phone service
If and are looking to make a difference through the world of education then please apply now to begin your supply teaching journey with Stafflex.
Do give us a call on 01484 351010 if you would like to find out more about Stafflex and how we can support you.
Stafflex Education are an equal opportunities employer and an Education Recruitment Business. Candidates will be subject to compliance procedures, including an enhanced DBS and reference check. Stafflex Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and young people.