We are looking for experienced SEND support staff to work within our local Primary Schools on a day to day and long term basis
- Location: Kirklees
- Salary: £9.70 - £12.94 per hour (Rate of pay will be dependent on specific role, experience, qualifications and skills)
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: Ongoing
- Work Hours: Part Time and Full Time
- Qualifications: Level 3
Stafflex Education are working in partnership with various primary schools across Kirklees. Our schools require experienced SEN teaching assistants to provide one to one support for specific pupils with additional needs.
Your day to day role as an SEN teaching assistant will include working alongside the class teacher to support your assigned pupil/s across all of the curriculum subjects. You will help develop social skills, keep pupils on task and play a pivotal part in their learning. You will also help to support the wider class and the teacher as required.
Please ensure that you fulfil the below before applying for this role:
- Recent experience working with primary age children, ideally on a one to one basis
- Level 3 qualified or equivalent
- Supportive and nurturing with excellent behaviour management skills
- Able to build strong working relationships with children and other members of staff
Stafflex can offer you:
- Pay to scale in line with recommendations from the School Teachers' Review Body on teachers' pay
- Weekly (BACS) pay through our in house payroll team.
- Separate Holiday pay to ensure you have paid annual leave opportunities
- Make life easy by using our Stafflex Hub web App to tell us when you're available to work and other benefits including downloading useful training documents and more
- Advice and support from our team of ex teachers
- Local, convenient assignments
- 24/7 phone service
We put our relationships with both our teachers and our schools first. We are here to support you, at any stage in your career. That's why we have a reputation for being Huddersfield's most friendly, transparent and ethical agency.
If you hold a teaching qualification, and are looking to make a difference through the world of education then please apply now to begin your supply teaching journey with Stafflex.
Give us a call on 01484 351010 if you would like to find out more about Stafflex and how we can support you.
Stafflex have been in business for over 20 years and our Huddersfield community is at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be an award-winning family run, independent agency.
Stafflex Education are an equal opportunities employer and an Education Recruitment Business. Candidates will be subject to compliance procedures, including an enhanced DBS and reference check. Stafflex Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and young people.