Senior Warehouse Operative
Pay: £9.50p/h - £10.50p/h
Hours: Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4pm and Friday 7.30am - 3pm (30 min unpaid lunch)
Location: Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
We are actively recruiting on behalf of our client for a Senior Warehouse Operative to join their busy team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Wrap and pack individual products
- Pack boxes to quantities specified on sales orders
- Weigh boxes and note details for shipping etc.
- Manual handling
- Adhere to all works procedures
- Complete proper paperwork as required and other administrative and production duties as appropriate
- Establish and keep effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, suppliers and customers.
- Coordinating activities within dispatch to ensure that deliveries are completed on time and problems are escalated immediately within the business.
- Deputise for the Warehouse Manager during periods of absence, holiday and when the Manager is allocated to other duties.
Essentials Skills Required:
- Must be literate and numerate (reading sales orders, calculating measurements / weights etc.)
- Good communication skills: particularly verbal
- Experience of lifting and carrying safely
- Can work efficiently whilst maintaining quality standards
- Can learn new tasks quickly
- Can move from one task to another
- Previous experience of working in a similar role would be advantageous
- Current holder of Reach and Counterbalance FLT licenses
- Due to access to identifiable air cargo needed as part of the role, the successful candidate will be able to provide full details of education, training and employment during the preceding 5 years or since they were aged sixteen, whichever is shorter. Any gaps in employment/education of more than 28 days should also be confirmed.
- It is also important that the addresses they have lived at for the past 5 years can be verified, if this is not possible, then an interview will not be offered.
For more information, please call the office on 01484 351010 and ask for Kamile.