Compressed Air Engineer
Permanent - West Yorkshire
Up to £32,000 + Overtime
Our client are currently recruiting for an experienced Compressed Air Engineer to join their service department. As key member of the team you will be responsible for the service and repair of customer's industrial compressed air equipment, e.g. Compressors (Screw, Vane & Reciprocating) Dryers (Refrigeration & Desiccant) and Vacuum Units.
· Work within the team as a key member being responsible for the service and repair of customer's industrial Service, Repair and Maintenance of Industrial Stationary Air Compressors and Associated Equipment in accordance with current regulations, manufacturer recommendations, and industry standards
· Preparation & submission of accurate, detailed and legible reports on the work carried out - using electronic reporting methods.
· Other duties may include delivery/collection of equipment & parts and assisting other engineers both in the workshops and on site.
· Communicate effectively with all departments, ensuring a good working relationship for the benefit of the client and the Company.
· Good engineering skills, particularly with knowledge of all types of industrial air compressors and associated equipment (not portable compressors)
· Working knowledge of compressor electrical and control systems.
· Engineering experience and/or recognised qualifications.
· Must be able to work within strict time-frames and on own initiative.
· Good communication skills with ability to discuss engineering issues with Customers
· Full UK driving license (or European Equivalent - Std License up to 3.5 tonnes)
· Basic working knowledge of H&S issues, documentation, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Personal Safety as well as current legislation relating to the tasks being undertaken.
The ideal candidate will have a good standard of Education with at least 5/C/GCSE's or equivalent and be able to demonstrate excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
An engineering qualification in Mechanical/Electrical or mechatronics would be proffered.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Please Call Lydia Yorke for more information on 01484 351010