Salary: £32K and Shift Allowance.
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Hours: 02:00PM - 12:00AM (Monday to Thursday)
Our client has grown to become one of Europe's largest plastic manufacturers in the last 45 years of trading. Founded in 1975, our client is a well-established family owned business that has continually reinvested in plant and equipment to remain competitive as to maintain and grow market share.
This is a challenging role that will utilise both technical and managerial skills to great effect, and the successful candidate will be joining a forward-thinking employer with a positive and inclusive company culture. This is a great opportunity for an experienced late shift supervisor to join our busy manufacturing team.
The Key Duties of the Site Supervisor:
· Full accountability for the late shift; ensuring safety and performance targets are achieved.
· Lead/assist with continuous improvement projects and other similar activities.
· Ensure all operators are maintaining output levels in line with targets and recording all major events e.g. downtime
· Maintain high standards adhering to health and safety procedures.
The Key Competencies of the Site Supervisor:
· Resilience and an ability to liaise with staff at all levels are essential.
· A strong character that can meet day to day challenges.
· Supervisory/management experience within the fast-moving production environment.
· Excellent organisational skills including planning of labour and processes.
· IT literacy in applications are essential.
· An understanding of lean manufacturing tools such as KPIs and 5S
· Good Health, Safety and Environmental awareness with an understanding of risk assessments and legislation.
If you are interested in the role, and have the required experience please apply or call 01484 351010 and speak to Lydia in the Engineering team.