Structural Steelwork Plater/Welder
Salary - Up to £25,000 p/a with Overtime offered if and where required (inc. Saturdays)
Hours -37 hours per week (Mon - Fri Days)
Are you a reliable individual looking to focus on your own development? Stafflex has a brilliant opportunity for a candidate to join our client's shop floor production team and be rewarded for your contribution to a very successful business who specialise in structural steelwork throughout the country. With an order book that guarantees consistent work for the foreseeable future, this is a great time to join a growing business and be a valuable asset and provide stability to you.
- Report to production manager and ensure structural steelwork is fabricated safely and correctly to given deadlines
- Setting out complex fabrications using appropriate equipment
- Reading and interpreting fabrication drawings
- Tack welding components
- Profiling components using Oxy/Propane cutting equipment
- Moving heavy loads with cranes
- Maintaining safe working environment
- Carrying out and assisting in inspection of fabrication
- Mechanical Engineering background
- Previous experience in manufacturing/production/engineering environment
- Team player and willingness to complete work
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others
- Good organizational and planning skills
Mechanical Engineering qualifications or time worked in an apprenticeship are the preferred qualifications and experience to enter the role.
If you are interested in the role, and have relevant skills and experience, please apply to the role or call 01484 351010 (Ext.4) and speak to Mulenga in Stafflex Engineering. We look forward to hearing from you.