Support Worker / Administrator
Stafflex are looking for an experienced Support Worker to provide sighted assistance to a professional visually impaired adult in their role as a Rehabilitation Officer.
You will be working as part of a team that provides a range of services to adults that have a visual impairment and associated disabilities within the area of Kirklees. You will be facilitating the improvement of the quality of life of service users, by supporting a visual impaired member of staff to enable them to fulfil their employment role.
This is a fantastic role for someone with excellent administrative skills and experience. Ideally you will:
· Have experience supporting adults with visual impairment.
· Have the ability to work closely with a professional visually impaired adult to fulfil their employment role, including diary management.
· Have recent experience supporting within an office environment, with the ability note take and read documentation to a visually impaired member of staff.
· Hold a full valid driving licence and have a vehicle available for use at work to drive the visually impaired member of staff to appointments throughout Kirklees.
· Be able to assist basic data input on Database, Microsoft Office including Excel and Work and maintain Outlook calendar and maintain accurate and confidential records.
· Have an easy going personality, who enjoys working in a team.
· Be able to provide sighted assistance to visual impaired member of staff including orientation and sighted guiding in unfamiliar environments.
· Undertake any other duties as may be required within the scope of the post and participate as necessary in corporate initiatives and projects.
· Have excellent communication skills, with the ability to be adaptable, flexible and patient.
· Have Level 2 qualification or equivalent in Maths & English.
- Location: Batley, West Yorkshire
- Salary: £10 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Worker within Administration
- Duration: ASAP for ongoing work
- Work Hours: Full Time - approx. 30 hours
- Qualifications: Minimum of Level 2 qualification or equivalent in Maths & English
- Requirements: Driving Licence and access to a vehicle
Stafflex can offer you:
· Separate Holiday pay to ensure you have paid annual leave opportunities
· Make life easy by using our Stafflex Hub web App to tell us when you're available to work and other benefits including downloading useful training documents and more
· Advice and support from our team of ex teachers
· Local, convenient assignments
· 24/7 phone service
We put our relationships with both our staff and our clients first. We are here to support you, at any stage in your career. That's why we have a reputation for being Huddersfield's most friendly, transparent and ethical agency. Stafflex have been in business for over 20 years and our Huddersfield community is at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be an award-winning family run, independent agency.
Stafflex Education are an equal opportunities employer and an Education Recruitment Agency and Business. Candidates will be subject to compliance procedures, including an enhanced DBS and reference check. Stafflex Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults.