Support Worker/Administrator Required ASAP
Stafflex are looking for an experienced Support Worker to provide sighted assistance to a professional visually impaired adult in their role as a Rehabilitation Officer.
You will be working as part of a team that provides a range of services to adults that have a visual impairment and associated disabilities within the area of Kirklees. You will facilitating the improvement of the quality of life of service users, by supporting a visual impaired member of staff to enable them to fulfil their employment role.
This is a fantastic role for someone with excellent administrative skills and experience. Ideally you will:
- Have experience supporting adults with visual impairment.
- Have the ability to work closely with a professional visually impaired adult to fulfil their employment role, including diary management.
- Have recent experience supporting within an office environment, with the ability note take and read documentation to a visually impaired member of staff.
- Hold a full valid driving licence and have a vehicle available for use at work to drive the visually impaired member of staff to appointments throughout Kirklees.
- Be able to assist basic data input on Database, Microsoft Office including Excel and Work and maintain Outlook calendar and maintain accurate and confidential records.
- Have an easy going personality, who enjoys working in a team.
- Be able to provide sighted assistance to visual impaired member of staff including orientation and sighted guiding in unfamiliar environments.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required within the scope of the post and participate as necessary in corporate initiatives and projects.
- Have excellent communication skills, with the ability to be adaptable, flexible and patient
- Have Level 2 qualification or equivalent in Maths & English.
Stafflex Education, an expert education recruitment specialist with over 17 years' experience, are dedicated in finding the right work for you. Whether it's for a better work life balance, extra experience, or time for a new challenge, we are here to help YOU.
The benefits of working through Stafflex are:
- A personable, friendly and professional service
- 24 hour phone line, with a real person available to speak with at all times
- Excellent communication and support tailored to your individual needs
- Weekly pay
- Good rates of pay
- Daily accrued holiday pay
Stafflex Education are an equal opportunities employer and Education Recruitment Business. Candidates will be subject to compliance procedures, including an enhanced DBS and reference check. Stafflex Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and young people.
Please apply now with your CV, or alternatively call Peter on 01484 351010 for more details. I look forward to hearing from you soon.