SEN Support Worker
Stafflex work in close collaboration with a local Further Education College and we are always looking for Support Workers across a number of departments covering day to day, long term assignments.
With centres across Kirklees, the college requires enthusiastic, adaptable and compassionate individuals to support their learners with additional needs.
We are looking for individuals who are committed to making a positive difference and seeing learner's lives turned around. With your experience in Behaviour Management / SEN / Mental Health, positive behaviour handling strategies and mentoring you could help young people by giving them an opportunity to see life differently, change their perspective but most importantly inspire them to succeed.
As a support worker your day to day duties will include supporting students in small groups or one to one across various curriculum subjects, playing a pivotal part in ensuring that the students keep on task and are learning to their full capacity.
Support Workers will work closely with the course tutor, parents/carers and will also take pastoral responsibility for the students you support. The college can offer you training and development opportunities and a supportive, inclusive working environment.
· Do you have experience of working with learners with additional needs?
· Are you resilient, calm and adaptable?
· Do you have a positive, proactive attitude?
· Do you have Grade C or above at Maths and English GCSE or equivalent?
Then this job could be for you!
Stafflex can offer you:
· Pay to scale in line with recommendations from the School Teachers' Review Body on teachers' pay
· Separate Holiday pay to ensure you have paid annual leave opportunities
· Weekly BACS pay through our in house payroll team
· Make life easy by using our Stafflex Hub to tell us when you're available to work and other benefits including downloading useful training documents and more
· Advice and support from our team of ex teachers
· Local, convenient assignments
· 24/7 phone service
We put our relationships with both our temporary staff and our colleges first. We are here to support you, at any stage in your career. That's why we have a reputation for being Huddersfield's most friendly, transparent and ethical agency.
If you are a Support Worker then please apply now to begin your journey with Stafflex. Give us a call on 01484 351010 if you would like to find out more about Stafflex and how we can support you.
Stafflex have been in business for over 20 years and our Huddersfield community is at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be an award-winning family run, independent agency.
Stafflex Education are an equal opportunities employer and an Education Recruitment Business. Candidates will be subject to compliance procedures, including an enhanced DBS and reference check. Stafflex Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and young people.