Salary - £17,633 - £18694
Hours - 37 Hours per week
Location - Availability across all sites - Lockwood, Huddersfield, Batley, Dewsbury, Holmfirth.
Our client is looking for a passionate, enthusiastic team leader to join their team. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to start a successful career within management in a supportive and prosperous company. The role will be within a leading health centre where you will interact with customers, offer excellent customer service, supervise and lead all operational staff and be responsible for the health and safety of all customers and colleagues within the building.
The Key Duties of the Team Leader:
· Opening up and closing down the building safely and correctly at the start and end of your shift
· Leading the team to deliver excellent customer service in all aspects of their role, taking responsibility for the member's journey
· Taking responsibility to ensure the site is cleaned thoroughly to the required standard, working together as a team to ensure all tasks are fully completed
· Supporting and non-complex line management of staff, including sickness absence, 121 discussions and the handling and recording of basic performance concerns
· Ensuring the team receive the appropriate performance management support, working with the Assistant Operations Manager/Operations Manager to identify team and individual development needs, and ensuring they receive appropriate mentoring and instructing, in line with this level of TL role
· Ensuring a safe operating environment is in place, with all necessary controls being performed and NOPS/EAPs being adhered to, paying particular attention to emergency procedures, accidents and incidents, performing first aid as required
· Ensuring all policies and procedures and legislative requirements are adhered to, particularly those relating to standards, cleanliness and performance of staff
· Support the management team with completion of daily administrative tasks and checks, e.g. cleaning checks, pool plant checks
· Delivering sales tours and dealing with customer feedback
· Cashing up and counting money, checking for accuracy and procedural adherence
The Key Competencies of the Team Leader:
· The ability to consistently deliver exceptional customer service
· Must be able to demonstrate regular and ongoing personal development
· Must be able to demonstrate strong administration skills such as writing basic reports, responding to customer enquiries, managing relevant records within site
· The ability to demonstrate a basic understanding of Health and Safety
· Must be able to evidence 3/6 months' supervisory/management/acting up experience in leisure, retail or hospitality role
· If the role is based at a 'wet site' you must have the ability to swim well enough to pass the required swim test* and the willingness to take the RLSS National Pool Lifeguard qualification within 3 months of the role
· First Aid at Work qualification is desirable
· The ability to effectively manage basic performance management issues within your team, including holding return to work discussions following sickness absence and handling difficult conversations which may arise during 121 discussions.
The Company and Benefits:
· Discounted gym membership
· Opportunity to grow and progress within a supportive establishment with a proven track record
· Competitive benefit scheme including cash back and vouchers
If you are interested in the position, and have the right experience, please apply to the role or call Aiden or Mulenga at Stafflex on 01484 351010 for more information.