Job Title: Technical Sales Engineer
Stafflex are excited to be recruiting on behalf of one of UK leading manufactureres withing their specialist field based in the huddersfield area.
To provide an administrative service for sales to ensure that from first point of customer contact all queries and orders are answered and processed in a timely fashion so that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
1. To answer the telephone and transfer calls as necessary.
2. To answer customers sales enquiries with verbal and written quotations.
3. To give technical advice to customers on products and their use.
4. To take orders by telephone, email and fax and enter orders on the computerised sales order system, checking stock levels and production times to ensure correct delivery time scales are quoted to the customer.
5. To monitor sales enquiries sent in by email and promptly respond with quotations.
6. To prepare delivery and packing notes and to arrange transportation and freight.
7. Liaison with labourers to ensure that goods are despatched in line with customer requirements and to cover for packing, if necessary packing and loading goods.
8. To keep an updated log of all orders in progress and to liaise with Management to enable delivery dates to be estimated.
9. To ensure that all goods despatched are invoiced promptly with correct carriage fee.
10. To ensure that customer credit limits are adhered to so that orders are not taken from companies which will exceed their credit limits or are on stop.
11. To carry out other administrative duties as directed by Management.
12. To observe the company's quality procedures and health and safety rules for staff.
Meeting customers and other people entering the office and ensuring that their queries are dealt with. Dealing with customer complaints ensuring they are resolved promptly.
Ensuring that the company deals with all sales queries and orders in a timely and accurate manner and ensuring that invoicing is conducted and despatched on despatch of goods.
Previous experience of dealing with engineering components and in sales administration.
A good understanding of basic engineering principles and manufacturing processes.
Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Good telephone manner and communication skills.
Experience of using PC systems for administration.