Objective: Provide on-site and remote support to UK / Ireland (and occasionally international) key customers and OEMs as defined by management in conjunction with the Technical Service Centre management and the sales and marketing team via the Company programme wholly or in part as required.
Key Performance Indicators: Effective engagement at executive and operator engineering level, auditing and benchmarking detail and scope achievement, achievement of project deadlines, utilisation and activity levels, accuracy of technical and engineering assessments), lubrication knowledge and competency development, lubricant storage handling and dispensing advice, project implementation, trial set up, implementation and monitoring, energy efficiency and oil condition monitoring, mechanical system assessment including hands on service, customer training, identification of cross-sell opportunities, OEM co-ordination, identifying new OEM opportunities, CRM maintenance, promoting and assuring brand integrity and zero tolerance to unsafe working acts and environments.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Mechanical engineering degree or a suitable technical degree or recognised engineering apprenticeship
· Minimum 3-5 year experience in an engineering process environment ideally with recent leadership responsibility or with a track record of increasing responsibility
· Project Management experience beneficial
· Speciality lubrication experience beneficial
· Conduct customer site lubrication studies and surveys with resultant reports and proposals
· Provide advice and recommendations to customers on lubricant and lubrication issues, based on acceptable detailed analysis, cost benefit analyses and sound technical arguments.
· Plan, design, co-ordinate and deliver both technical presentations and seminars
· Identifying and qualifying appropriate sales opportunities
· Train users in the correct / beneficial use of products, systems and services to ensure that customer needs are met
· Identify existing and potential OEMs where new approvals can be gained and then systematically work with them through their trial and approval processes until final approval is achieved.
· Document all OEM approvals gained and add to the database
· Carry out energy efficiency evaluations at customers in support of the Area Sales Managers and ensure that all results are reported
· Produce timely, detailed, accurate and concise visit reports for every customer visit
· Generate at least 1 (one) new Value Case Study per month on average after the first 3 months and ensure that every customer supported has a VCS directly or indirectly generated
· Plan own activities to make the maximum effective use of time and resources aiming to spend a minimum of 4 days per week at customer sites on average
· Develop, agree and achieve personal MBOs with your line manager and maintain a full record of daily activities using the CRM system
· Comply with prevailing work instructions for quoting, making product recommendations, claiming expenses, requesting holidays, recording absence etc
· Ensure all activities conform to the prevailing handbooks, policies, systems and procedures
· Continuous relevant market observation and evaluation to stay current on industry needs, requirements, trends and issues; Generate awareness, interest and preference for the company products and services. Open-up new markets with existing products; spot and progress opportunities for new product development
· Using appropriate and agreed communication channels, share industry specific information and data with sales organisation.
· Provide high quality, technically appropriate best practice advice to customers directly or with support
· Ensuring all stakeholder functions are fully aware of all account matters
· Attending industry specific business events e.g. trade shows and seminars as applicable. Participate on behalf of the company as required in specific trade or industry associations or events as appropriate.
· Facilitate technical presentations, "tech days", seminars etc for customers at both Internal and customer sites
· Organised, disciplined in time management and highly conscientious about routine paperwork and administrative maintenance
· Attain industry specific qualifications/authorisations as required (eg BOSIET [Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training] to allow work on offshore oil and gas installations), IOSH …)
· Special projects or duties as assigned.
· Highly organised with ability to work independently
· Energetic with a positive outlook, confident without being over-bearing or arrogant and excellent at developing relationships internally and with customers
· Excellent listener and willing to take initiative
· Outstanding engineering comprehension with an ambitious drive
· IT literate
· Commercially developed
· Ability to understand processes, products
· Ability to be a strong advocate and individual contributor
· Capable stand up presenter
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and networking skills required
· Willingness to travel nationally and internationally inc eg for training, workshops
· IT, systems and maintenance strategy and planning