This is an excellent opportunity to work for a business that is the world leader in its field. Our client's unmatched knowledge and experience makes them one of the leading specialists in the field of combustion technology and flue gas treatment, whilst striving to exceed the most stringent environmental regulations.
Based from the Leeds office, you will be remotely supporting our global customers, to ensure continuity of performance of their site equipment, utilising resources available to you and working as part of team on a rotating shift pattern, covering days, evenings and the late shift, including weekend work on a rota basis (1 Saturday in 4).
Duties and responsibilities
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve systems issues
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Work with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), Mitsibushi, Q Series and FX Series. GX Developer software
- Logging and keeping records of customer/employee queries (JITBIT Ticket system)
- Working with field engineers to visit customers/internal departments as necessary if the problem is more serious
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they've solved a technical issue
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to all stakeholders
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their problems have been resolved
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Establish a good working relationship with customers, engineers and suppliers
- Ensure all safety procedures and business standards/regulations are followed and upheld at all times and without exception.
- Work with your departmental manager and team members to identify, implement and drive actions for continuous improvement
- Promote teamwork and cooperation at all levels
- Communicate clearly and concisely to your team and others, whether written or verbal, in order that expectations are understood
- Be flexible in your approach to duties in accordance with the requirement of the business
Behaviours, Skill & Qualifications
- Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering qualification (BETEC ONC/OND/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent)
- Experience of working Technical, Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering, Fabrication and/or Manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help to all stakeholders, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications (Teamviewer)
- Good understanding of PLC ladder logic
- Work with specialist equipment, for example, PLC, Mitsubishi, Q Series, FX Series and GX Developer software. Hands-on experience with Windows, PLC's and SCADA systems
- Strong customer focus - Must have excellent listening and questioning skills, combine with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to think logically and problem solve effectively
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home for periods of time, as necessary
- Must be prepared to work long hours as necessary
- Role will involve a reasonable amount of weekend work, with advanced notice generally
- Full clean drivers licence
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision and work equally effectively as part of a team