Tool Room Engineer
Permanent + Up to £35,000 per Annum
Our client have been established for over 30 years.The are specialist press tool makers and precision engieers.
Overview of role
Makes or improves different types of tools to enable the production processes to be as efficient as possible. This may include jigs, fixtures, clamps or tools to obtain a more robust consistently produced part that meets the specification of the customer.
The ideal person will be a time served toolmaker with a strong manual machining background and previous experience with wire, spark and erosion.
This role requires a high level of manual dexterity as the main activity involves detailed assembly work.
The role will include:
· Manufacture of precision parts and punch tool assembly to close tolerances, including: Surface Grinding, Milling, Turning, building and setting of punches and dies
· Ability to read and understand technical (component and general assembly) drawings, and build punch tools to these drawings
· Working with other departments such as mechanical design and product development
· Overseeing the Tool Room
· High degree of organisation with excellent attention to detail
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
· Experienced in Surface Grinding
· Experienced in Milling, Drilling, Fitting and lathe work
· Applicable Apprenticeship and / or time served or relevant qualifications (C&G, BTEC or equivalent)
· Good inter-personal skills, team work, hands-on approach with effective verbal and written communication skills
· Relevant previous tool making experience
· Ability to programme and operate EDM, Wire Eroding and
· Ability to work to close tolerances
· Ability to work methodically and to high standards
· Ability to be proactive and work with minimal supervision
· Design AutoCAD
Please call Lydia on 01484 351010 for more information or to apply