Location - Elland, Halifax, West Yorkshire
Hours - 45 Hours per week (Hours usually 10:00 - 19:30)
Salary - £19000 - £23000 based on experience
Our client is a leading distributer into the automotive industry. With various branches throughout the UK, they boast a very large client base and offer a varied product range. Due to growth, they are looking to expand their team in Elland and have a vacancy available within the business as a transport co-ordinator to work alongside their transport manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company who pride themselves on their people and ensuring support and progression is available to all the staff working within the business.
You will be responsible for providing a customer focused, effective and efficient Transport Management facility at a local level, ensuring compliance with all current and relevant transport legislation and Safe Systems of Work. You will be required to support the Transport Manager with the implementation of the Company's Standard Operational Policies, Procedures and Practices.
The key responsibilities for the Transport Co-ordinator are critical and include:
· Internal control
· Health & Safety
Some of the duties the Transport Co-ordinator will have to carry out are:
· To support and oversee daily administration and operational tasks within the transport office
· To act as a local contact for all transport/driver requirements and enquiries, representing MTS and ensuring the best interests of MTS Group are served at all times
· To ensure accurate and comprehensive vehicle and driver records are maintained locally
· Ensure relevant policies and procedures are followed to enable compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to the aspects of responsibility under the control of this role
· Support of internal and external audit activities as required
· Ensure effective delivery of excellent Customer Service at all levels reflecting a professional corporate image
· Ensure a pro-active approach to Customer Service is taken throughout the site
· Undertake ongoing reviews of team performance to ensure achievement of the Company's pre-determined performance targets
· Regularly review all day-to-day working practices and procedures within the department with a view to improving productivity levels and efficiency
· Ensure Site Risk assessments are reviewed and updated regularly
· Ensure effective implementation of Safe Systems of Work.
The key skills the Transport Co-ordinator must show are:
· Full UK driving licence
· Class 1 or Class 2 license would be beneficial
· Transport and/or Logistics Qualification beneficial
· Experience in a logistical environment
· Experience in a transport/fleet management role
· Proven experience of team management and development
· Demonstrable leadership skills
· Good staffing levels/planning skills
· Can demonstrate an understanding of HR best practice
· Good Microsoft Office application skills
· Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems · FLT, Co
Please apply if you think you have the required experience and we will get back to you regarding the available position. Or for more information call Aiden or Anna on 01484 351010.