Location - Elland, Halifax, West Yorkshire
Hours - 45 Hours per week (Hours usually 07:00 - 16:30)
Salary - £33,000 per annum
Benefits include - Bonus earnings of £1500 p/a, 22 days holiday + 8 BH per year, Free Parking.
Our client is a leading distributer into the automotive industry. With various branches throughout the UK, they boast a very large client base and offer a varied product range. Due to growth, they are looking to expand their team in Elland and have a vacancy available within the business as a transport manager.
The role will involve reporting to the Site Manager and Group Fleet Transport Manager, you will be responsible for delivering the strategic goals of the Logistics Operation. Taking a proactive approach, you will drive the Transport and Administration departments forward with new initiatives. As the Transport Manager, you will be responsible for managing and developing the Operational requirements of the Transport and Administration Departments through strict adherence to current Legislation & Safe Systems of Work.
The duties of the role will involve 6 key responsibilities including; Operational, Internal Control, Customer, Financial, People and Health and Safety.
Within this, the duties will be inclusive of, but not exhausted by the list below:
* Effect smooth implementation of Company Policies, Practices and Procedures.
* Support the Site Manager with ensuring all Transport and Administration Staff, comply with all aspects of Legal and Company defined legislations and policies.
* Support the Group Fleet Manager with the Legal compliance regarding Tachograph and Vehicle maintenance across the Fleet
* Visit other locations as required to assist in the installation of various equipment regarding Tachographs
* To assist the Group Fleet Manager in the fleet training requirements across the logistics network as required
* Achievement of pre-determined cost objectives.
* Delivery of routine KPI targets.
* Ensure focus on customer service targets at all times.
* Ensure that Company initiatives are monitored and driven effectively.
* Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers providing prompt, accurate and appropriate information.
* Investigate delivery delays and error and take appropriate action to resolve
The type of qualities, skills and knowledge our client is looking for:
* Experience in a logistical environment
* Experience in a transport/fleet management role
* Proven experience of team management and development
* Demonstrable leadership skills
* Experience of Health & Safety management in a similar environment
* Knowledgeable in all aspects of transport management including 'o' licence and tachograph requirements
* Good staffing levels/planning skills
* Can demonstrate an understanding of HR best practice
* Good Microsoft Office application skills
* Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems .
* Full UK driving licence
Please apply if you think you have the required experience and we will get back to you regarding the available position. Or for more information call Aiden or Anna on 01484 351010.