Salary - £13 - £14.50 p/h
Hours - 40 hours (Mon-Thu 07:30am-16:00pm Friday 07:30am-14:45pm)
Location - Huddersfield, West YorkshireHours
Benefits - Paybanding, 4% Pension contribution, Death in service payout, Changing Facilities, Showers, Canteen, RPE, Branded boiler suits, Hearing and Spyro tests.
Stafflex currently have an excellent opportunity for skilled welders, within the heart of Huddersfield with a growing client. From welding, to fabricating and assembling, your day will be packed with fulfilling work, welding and assembling instrumentation used within dialysis and hospital/medical application, with a great team around you.You will mainly be welding stainless still, with a thickness of 3-4mm on projects that could take approximately up to 900 man hours. This role is for someone passionate who wants to make a difference and be rewarded fairly for the work completed.
Day to day duties include:
- Fabricating and assembling products from technical drawings using TIG welding and various methods of assembly
- Weld to dye pen test standard
- Working to standardised methods and specific tolerances
- Following Health and Safety procedures
- Maintaining a clean working environment
- Working efficiently to produce premium products
- Contributing to a Continuous Improvement approach
- Actively assisting in the reduction of waste in the production processes
- Ad hoc duties, including operating laser cutting or bending machines where required (training provided).
Requirements of the Welder/Fabricator:
- Hold an NVQ/C&G Level 2+ certificate in Welding
- Ability to work on stainless steel and mild steel
- A positive and enthusiastic with a 'can do' attitude
- Demonstrated history of reliability
- Willingness to learn and embrace new ideas
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use electric hand tools
- Ability to read and understand drawings
- Good understanding of Health and Safety
If you are interested in the role, and have relevant skills and experience, please apply to the role or contact Mulenga in the Stafflex Engineering team - . We look forward to hearing from you.