Youth Engagement Specialist
I am working with a post 16 education setting in Kirklees that is looking to recruit for a Youth Engagement Specialist within their Alternative Provision department.
Within this role you will be required to deliver learning programmes and support young people to achieve in education or training. Working one to one and in groups you will mentor, support and engage students on a programme that works in partnership with various organisations and authorities.
Some of the responsibilities within this role are to:
· Deliver motivational sessions that lead to positive behaviour
· Facilitate and deliver a range of effective interventions to support the student's progression.
· Provide impartial advice and guidance on a range of issues that could affect young people
· To monitor and assess students in accordance with the requirements of the programme and to contribute to the Quality Improvement Strategy, including Internal/External Verification.
· To manage a case-load of young people and to plan, monitor and review learners academic and personal progress
· Work in an environment of constant change and pressure where an amount of personal decision-making and judgement is required.
You must have the ability to work with a wide range of people of all ages from very different backgrounds with very different needs and to respond accordingly to support those needs.
The duties and responsibilities attached to this role demand a flexible approach to work, which will include occasional evenings.
Past experience in working with vulnerable young people with a variety of social and emotional needs is essential.
For this role you will need to have:
· Level 3 qualification or above in the specific area ( youth work, coaching, social work, mental health)
· Relevant Level 4 qualification in the subject area or the willingness to undertake within an agreed timescale
· Level 2 qualification in Maths and English
Working with Stafflex comes with a number of great benefits:
- We offer a family owned, local, friendly and professional service where we put your needs first.
- We are proud to deliver excellent communication and support specifically tailored to you.
- Our telephones operate 24 hours a day, with a warm and real person to speak with at all times!
- We pay weekly, and to scale based on your experience.
- We also pay holiday pay.
Stafflex Education are an equal opportunities employer and Education Recruitment Business. Candidates will be subject to compliance procedures, including an enhanced DBS and reference check. Stafflex Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and young people.
Please apply now with your CV. Alternatively call Peter on 01484 351010 for more details. We look forward to hearing from you soon.