Do you have a question that is not answered here? If so, please contact us via email or phone.
What is the role of a recruitment agency?
A recruitment agency is a company that finds people looking for work (candidates) and matches these with job vacancies on behalf of an employer (client).
Why work for Stafflex?
We’re a local independent agency with in-depth knowledge on the recruitment market and have built great relationships with many well established organisations in the region. This means we can offer you vacancies that are not advertised anywhere else.
We can offer you practical advice and support on CV writing, interview tips and other ways to improve your chances of employability.
To read more about the benefits of working with Stafflex, click here.
How do I get paid?
You will be paid one week arrears directly into your bank account. You will also receive a payslip on Wednesday via email with the money paid into your account on the Friday.
Will Stafflex send my CV to clients without contacting me?
No, we will always contact you beforehand for permission to send your CV on to a client if we think you may be suitable for the position.
What time can I call the office?
We are available 24 hours a day. For out of office hours please ring our office number which is diverted to the on call service.
Do I need to complete a timesheet on a weekly basis?
Not always as this is dependent on the work place – some may complete on your behalf in which case there’s no need to worry.
Alternatively please complete a paper version which will need to be dropped off at the office or emailed to us by Friday every week.
What contract types do you deal with?
- Temporary – Temp positions can be anything from a day’s work to full-time work for over a year. The candidate will fill in a timesheet each week which records the number of hours worked.
- Temp-to-perm – This is an initial contract which after a confirmed time frame can lead into a permanent position. The employer/candidate can end the contract at any point or the employer can decide to offer a permanent placement.
- Permanent – Perm positions do not have an end date, the person considered becomes an employee of the client company.
How does holiday pay work?
Every time you work holiday pay will be accrued which can be paid upon request (with at least one weeks’ notice). You can only receive holiday pay on non-working days.
Holiday pay is built on an accrual basis, so for every week worked, you will build up approximately 0.5 days per week holiday allowance. If you are in a long term booking, then you will need to authorise any absence with your employer first, before booking anything off with Stafflex.
If you have enough holiday-pay accrued for the time off, this will be paid as normal with your weekly wage. If there is not enough pay accrued, the candidate can still take time off but will not be paid for hours they have not worked. We cannot back date any time off. Holidays must be booked in advance and the pay covers holidays only, and not sick days.
It is not deducted from your salary but instead is taken directly from your employer as per government regulations on holiday entitlement.
Can I choose where and when I work?
Yes, Stafflex will offer work to you and it is your choice whether to accept the placement. You are under no obligation to accept everything offered.
Does it cost to register?
No, it is completely free to register with us. All our fees are paid by the employer and not the candidate.
What documents do I need to register?
Please ensure that you bring the following documentation to the registration meeting as this will help speed up our compliance checks:
- Passport or full UK Birth Certificate.
- Driving licence if applicable.
- 2 x Proof of address e.g. Utility Bill and Bank Statement within the last 3 months.
- Proof of National Insurance Number e.g. NI Card, P45 or P60.
- Bank details.
- 2 x Reference details including email addresses.
- DBS details if applicable.
- Qualifications Please bring original certificates including Maths and English GCSE’s (A-C) or proof of Level 2 Maths and English / Numeracy and Literacy.
- If you are not a UK or EU national, you will need to bring your Residence Permit, Visa or other related documents to prove your rights to work in the UK.
Do we use an umbrella company?
No - Stafflex has never used an umbrella company in our 20 year history. In our 20 year history we have never used an umbrella company and we never will. We have never been convinced that the umbrella company model has approval from HMRC and neither have we trusted what we’ve been told. Essentially we don’t believe it is an ethical way to do business. Click here for further information.